Coconut French Toast with Warm Orange-Pineapple Syrup
You'll feel like you're on a tropical vacation when you wake up your taste buds with this unique version of French toast. The bread is soaked in a coconut-egg base and served with sweet pineapple syrup.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 9 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 9 tablespoons Orange-Pineapple Syrup
- 1. Arrange baguette slices evenly in an 8-inch baking dish. Combine egg substitute and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; pour evenly over baguette slices. Let stand 30 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add baguette slices; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Sprinkle with coconut, and drizzle with Orange-Pineapple Syrup.
- NOTE: Nutritional analysis totals include Orange-Pineapple Syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note