Coconut French Toast
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 loaf unsliced bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- Powdered sugar, sliced bananas, toasted coconut flakes, and maple syrup
- Cut bread into 4 (2-inch) slices. Trim crusts, and cut each piece in half diagonally.
- Combine eggs and next 6 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Soak bread in egg mixture.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle. Drain two bread slices, and cook in hot butter 30 to 45 seconds on each side or until golden. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and soaked bread.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Serve with powdered sugar, sliced bananas, toasted coconut flakes, and maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This