This recipe goes with Sweet Potato Cake with Coconut Filling and Caramel Frosting
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen grated coconut, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy 2-quart saucepan; gradually stir in milk, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir about one-fourth of hot milk mixture gradually into egg; add egg mixture to remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly. Return to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in coconut and vanilla. Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on warm filling. Cool completely; chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This