I've made this delicious treat several times in the last few years, and it's definitely a crowd-pleaser. I'll serve it at a party and someone always wants the recipe. I make it the night before or first thing in the morning, so its nice and chilled by party time. It's very rich so small glasses are great to serve it in. It says "leftovers aren't likely" and that's the truth!
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Marian Cooper Cairns
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Garnishes: shaved coconut, ground cinnamon
- 1. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place cream and eggs in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in coconut milk and next 5 ingredients. Cover and chill 3 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- Make It Dessert! Leftovers aren't likely, but if you have them, turn them into a delicious frozen treat. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and chill it according to manufacturer's directions. The results will be slightly softer than traditional ice cream because of the rum. Try it drizzled with caramel sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note