I made this eggnog last year for a potluck, and I knew it was very good - but this year, my neighbors are asking me to make it again, and my son called from college to remind me to save some for him! How many recipes do guests remember a year later? This is FABULOUS!
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
- 1 pt. half-and-half
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 1/2 in. long)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups light or dark rum (optional)
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. Heat half-and-half, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a saucepan, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. Strain and return to pan.
- 2. Whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk into half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat, until mixture reaches 160° (don't boil). Stir in coconut milk. Let cool, then chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- 3. Buzz half of mixture at a time in a blender until frothy. Pour into a bowl and stir in rum if you like. Ladle into glasses and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note