I made these for a book club gathering yesterday and they were a hit. I added about 4 roughly chopped prunes with the dates and used melted butter instead of coconut oil. I found I needed an additional ounce of chocolate for the dip but otherwise everything was to the recipe and my friends were so impressed. I would informally rename these 'power balls' because not only are they delicious, they are packed with goodness!
Coconut-Date Truffle Bites
Pop a couple of chocolatey Coconut-Date Truffle Bites in your mouth for a sweet and satisfying afternoon pick-me-up.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 22mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 2/3 cup roasted, salted almonds
- 30 whole pitted dates
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Place almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add dates; process until finely ground. Add coconut and next 3 ingredients (through salt); pulse until combined.
- 2. Scoop about 2 teaspoons cocoa mixture with a spoon, and roll into a ball. Repeat the procedure with remaining cocoa mixture. Place the truffles on a platter lined with parchment paper; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3. Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute and 20 seconds or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Add truffles, stirring gently to coat. Return truffles to platter until the chocolate sets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note