Coconut Custard Pie
The recipes in this ethereal collection are indeed divine, and the coconut custard is, dare we say, the best we've ever tasted. From The Church Ladies' Divine Desserts by Brenda Rhodes Miller.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar; press on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Increase oven temp to 425°. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, coconut, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla; pour into crust. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 325°. Shield edges with foil; bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note