This was terrible. I definitely will not make this recipe again. The lime juice, curry paste and coconut milk just do not taste good together.
Coconut-Curry Tofu Stir-Fry
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.0g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 779mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Calcium: 116mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Wrap tofu in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels; pat tofu dry, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- . While tofu drains, combine soy sauce and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- . Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . While rice cooks, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove tofu from pan; keep warm.
- . Heat remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in pan. Add ginger and garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini and bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add green onions; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Add soy sauce mixture and tofu. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Serve immediately over hot cooked basmati rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This