I have never cooked with coconut cause i am not a real fan but I gave this a shot, wanted unsweetened but store was out, glad they were it was a very good coating, the picture makes it look crispy but its not really but still very good, I made with oven roasted butter nut squash and a box of lemon saffron Israeli couscous and they were all perfect together. My husband is not usually a fan of eating leftovers and I even offered to order a pizza or reheat and he chose reheat (used toaster oven for the chicken) and we both enjoyed again
Coconut Curry Chicken
When she needs a quick dinner, Lois Frazee makes this easy and delicious entrée. You can vary the sweetness with the type of coconut you choose. It's excellent served with Major Grey chutney.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 333
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (1 1/3 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened or unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Pour butter into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine coconut and curry powder. Dip chicken in butter to coat, then roll in coconut. Place chicken pieces slightly apart in the baking dish. Pat any remaining coconut mixture on top. Sprinkle with salt.
- 2. Bake chicken in a 350° oven until no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 20 to 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note