- 1 (8-ounce) boneless sirloin steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 8 cups coarsely chopped bok choy
- 1 pound bagged prewashed spinach
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- calories 319
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 17.4 g
- carbohydrate 34.4 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 5.4 mg
- sodium 450 mg
- calcium 190 mg
How to Make It
Place beef in freezer.
Bring 4 quarts water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles to boiling salted water; cook according to package directions. During last 1 minute of cooking, add bok choy and spinach. Cook 1 minute or until greens wilt. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, coconut milk, juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Combine 5 teaspoons oil, ginger, garlic, and curry in a Dutch oven over low heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add reserved coconut milk mixture and noodle mixture; toss well.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until done. Add beef to pasta mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.