Way too much cayenne.
This Thai-inspired beef slow-cooker dish is sure to become a family favorite. Serve coconut-curry beef with jasmine rice topped with fresh chopped cilantro.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 12-oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and brown on all sides, in batches if necessary, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to slow cooker along with onions, garlic and ginger.
- 2. Whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, curry powder and cayenne and pour over meat. Cover and cook on low until meat is fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours. Stir in cherry tomatoes and let them warm and soften in stew for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note