I don't know what I did wrong, but the texture was rubbery. I did everything the direction stated. I was making these for a spring bbq and had to make a different recipe at the last minute. The frosting was great - the only saving grace to this recipe. Definitely will not make again.
Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream Frosting
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 179mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- Cooking spray
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4.75 ounces powdered sugar, sifted (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare cupcakes, place 2 muffin cup liners in each of 12 muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 4. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended (mixture will be the consistency of damp sand). Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in coconut and vanilla.
- 5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in pan 2 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 6. To prepare frosting, combine 3 tablespoons butter and next 3 ingredients (through juice) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating just until smooth. Spread about 2 1/2 teaspoons frosting onto each cupcake.
Find potato starch in the supermarket baking aisle. Use lemon rind and fresh lemon juice in place of the lime for a variation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This