I don't know what I did wrong, but the texture was rubbery. I did everything the direction stated. I was making these for a spring bbq and had to make a different recipe at the last minute. The frosting was great - the only saving grace to this recipe. Definitely will not make again.
Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream Frosting
Enjoy the fresh tastes of coconut and lime in these festive cupcakes. The Lime Buttercream Frosting is a favorite with our users.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 179mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- Cooking spray
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4.75 ounces powdered sugar, sifted (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare cupcakes, place 2 muffin cup liners in each of 12 muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 4. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended (mixture will be the consistency of damp sand). Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in coconut and vanilla.
- 5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in pan 2 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 6. To prepare frosting, combine 3 tablespoons butter and next 3 ingredients (through juice) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating just until smooth. Spread about 2 1/2 teaspoons frosting onto each cupcake.
Find potato starch in the supermarket baking aisle. Use lemon rind and fresh lemon juice in place of the lime for a variation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts