Create a memorable dessert packaged in a pint-size liner. These too-cute-to-eat treats get their vibrant flavor from coconut extract.
Coastal Living APRIL 2010
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add extracts; beat well.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
3. Divide batter evenly among 18 paper-lined cups of muffin pans. Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes or until batter is set but centers of cupcakes still look slightly wet. (Do not overcook.) Cool in pans 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks.
4. Combine amaretto liqueur and remaining 3 tablespoons coconut milk; stir well. Spoon mixture evenly over tops of warm cupcakes, spreading with back of spoon. Cool completely.
5. Frost cupcakes with Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting, and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store at room temperature.
Go to full version of