I am shocked that no one rated these heavenly bites. These are awesome, when follow to a T. My niece loves them and when i say love, i mean loves them. I makes these so regular,made a batch yesterday for valentine's day, and got so much compliments. Great recipe, thank you
Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
Create a memorable dessert packaged in a pint-size liner. These too-cute-to-eat treats get their vibrant flavor from coconut extract.
More From Coastal Living
Cool Time: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups large-flake unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add extracts; beat well.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- 3. Divide batter evenly among 18 paper-lined cups of muffin pans. Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes or until batter is set but centers of cupcakes still look slightly wet. (Do not overcook.) Cool in pans 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks.
- 4. Combine amaretto liqueur and remaining 3 tablespoons coconut milk; stir well. Spoon mixture evenly over tops of warm cupcakes, spreading with back of spoon. Cool completely.
- 5. Frost cupcakes with Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting, and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts