More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Coconut Buttercream
- Sweetened flaked coconut
- 1. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 4. Spread cupcakes evenly with Coconut Buttercream, and sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coconut Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts