Coconut Cream With Caramel Sauce
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups grated fresh coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Combine gelatin and cold milk; set aside to soften.
- Combine scalded milk and sugar in a large mixing bowl; stir until sugar dissolves. Add gelatin mixture to hot mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Add salt. Cool to consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cooled gelatin mixture. Pour into a lightly oiled 9- cup mold, and chill overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Spoon into serving bowls, and serve with hot Caramel Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note