This has become my signature pie, making it about once a month and never any to bring home! Sometimes cheesecake pudding is hard to find, so I stock up when I find it. FYI - The coconut milk is by the margarita mix. If you don't use all of it, mix it with poppy seed dressing for a GREAT summer fruit salad dressing.
Coconut Cream Pie
Look for cream of coconut near the piña colada and margarita mixes.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen sweetened flaked coconut, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Garnish: sweetened flaked coconut
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Beat cheese and cream of coconut at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add pudding mix, beating until blended.
- Stir in coconut; fold in whipped topping. Spread cheese mixture evenly into prepared crust; cover and chill 2 hours or until set.
- Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, and spread evenly over top of pie. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jell-O Instant Pudding Cheesecake Flavor.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This