I bet this is a southern recipe.
Coconut Cream Cake
Yield: one 4-layer cake
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Custard Cream Frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Split cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Spread Custard Cream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle with coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings