This recipe is definitely a keeper...family loved it!! I did tweak the recipe a little by using 1/2 cup less sugar, added Mac nuts instead of pecan and also added nutmeg. Hmm...delicious!
Coconut-Cream Bread Pudding
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Bake: 43 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups DOMINO Granulated Sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature and divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can cream of coconut, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (8-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat cream cheese at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Add 1 cup sugar and eggs, and beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in 2 cups milk, 1 cup cream of coconut, and 3 Tbsp. melted butter. Stir in bread cubes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour bread mixture into dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set.
- Stir together flaked coconut, pecans, and 3 Tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle coconut mixture over baked pudding, and bake 5 to 8 more minutes or until browned.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream of coconut.
- Cook remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sugar is caramelized and mixture becomes a light brown syrup. Stir in milk mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly and sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Cut bread pudding into 8 to 10 servings, and serve with caramelized sugar sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note