Convenience products simplify this holiday trifle. The hard part is waiting four hours for it to chill.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar red currant jelly (we tested with Crosse & Blackwell)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind (rind of 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 (3.4-ounce) packages coconut cream or vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 1
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Chill 45 minutes or until completely cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a large bowl; whisk 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place one-third of pound cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons liqueur. Top with one-third of cranberry-orange sauce and one-third of pudding. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coconut.
- Repeat layers twice using remaining cake cubes, orange liqueur, cranberry-orange sauce, pudding, and coconut, reserving last 1/2 cup coconut for garnish.
- Spread whipped topping over trifle. Sprinkle with reserved coconut. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note