These candy-filled pillows make a nice gift from the kitchen along with a bag of gourmet coffee.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 5 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, broken into sections
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer in a medium-sized bowl until creamy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in coconut.
- Roll 1 sheet puff pastry into a 12" x 12" rectangle. (Pastry will be thin.) Cut into 9 (4") squares. Stack 2 chocolate sections, just off center, on each square; top chocolate with 1 heaping teaspoon coconut mixture.
- Whisk together egg and water in a small bowl. Lightly brush edges of squares with egg mixture; fold into triangles. Seal edges with a fork. Place pastries on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Repeat procedure with remaining sheet of pastry, chocolate (reserve extra chocolate sections for another use), and coconut mixture. Brush remaining egg wash over top of pastries.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over pastries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note