Sorry to say, this was terrible. Suspected it could be bad when I looked at the quantities of ingredients - 14 oz. of flaked coconut and 14 oz. of chocolate morsels? Big chewy mess. I've reviewed the ingredient list and process and I didn't miss anything . . . lucky my 19-year-old nephew could laugh about his birthday "cake."
Grand Prize Winner
This filling requires a 10-inch springform pan.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (28 to 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: toasted chopped almonds
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in coconut, milk chocolate morsels,1/2 cup almonds, and vanilla. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place semisweet morsels in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge bag in warm water until morsels melt. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over cheesecake.
- Cover and chill 8 hours. Chill up to 5 days, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Nabisco chocolate wafers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts