- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (28 to 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: toasted chopped almonds
How to Make It
Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
Beat cream cheese, eggs, and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in coconut, milk chocolate morsels,1/2 cup almonds, and vanilla. Pour into pan.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
Place semisweet morsels in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge bag in warm water until morsels melt. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over cheesecake.
Cover and chill 8 hours. Chill up to 5 days, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Nabisco chocolate wafers.