Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Rice
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Stir together cornstarch and jerk seasoning in a shallow dish. Whisk egg whites just until foamy in another shallow dish. Stir together coconut and breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- 3. Dredge chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in cornstarch mixture; dip in egg whites, and dredge in coconut, pressing gently to adhere.
- 4. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large, nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with fried rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note