Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 43 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 448
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Whisk egg whites in a bowl just until foamy.
- 4. Stir together cornstarch and Caribbean jerk seasoning in a shallow dish.
- 5. Stir together coconut, breadcrumbs, and paprika in another shallow dish.
- 6. Dredge chicken breast tenders, 1 at a time, in cornstarch mixture; dip in egg whites, and dredge in coconut mixture, pressing gently with fingers. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
- 7. Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once after 12 minutes. Serve with Honey-Mustard Sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes