1. To prepare filling, combine raspberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, & 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until berries break down. Combine cornstarch & liqueur; stir with a whisk; return to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until very thick, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a bowl; cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. To prepare cake, coat 3 (8-inch) round metal cake pans with baking spray, and line bottoms of pans with wax paper. Coat wax paper with baking spray; set prepared pans aside.
4. Weigh or lightly spoon flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Place 1 1/4 cups sugar, oil, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Add coconut water, beat at low speed 1 minute, or until combined. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed 1 minutes or until well combined.
5. Place 6 egg whites in a large, clean bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until peaks form, using clean, dry beaters. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat 1 minute. Stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into batter; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
6. To prepare frosting, place 3 egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until medium peaks form, using clean, dry beaters. Combine 1//2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons water, & 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 250 degrees. With mixer on low speed, pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream down the side of the mixing bowl. Gradually increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes or until thick and cool.
7. To assemble cake, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of filling (about 1 cup), leaving a 1/2" border. Top with another cake layer, and spread with remaining filling, leaving a 1/2" border. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Gently press cocnut flakes into sides of cake.
CALORIES: 292 FAT: 8.4g (sat.3g, mono.3.4g, poly.1.5g) PROTEIN: 4.1g
CARB: 49.9g FIBER: 3.6g CHOL: 4mg IRON: 1.4mg SODIUM: 209mg
Go to full version of