"We get so many compliments on this pie," Kimberly says.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- Toast coconut at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, and flour at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in toasted coconut and chocolate morsels. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes; shield edges with foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 25 to 30 more minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note