"We get so many compliments on this pie," Kimberly says.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- Toast coconut at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, and flour at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in toasted coconut and chocolate morsels. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes; shield edges with foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 25 to 30 more minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This