- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow or white miso (soybean paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add lime zest, green onions, shallots, and crushed red pepper, and mix well. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are translucent, stirring frequently to prevent browning. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in coconut milk and next 3 ingredients. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Add cilantro just before serving.