- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/8-inch slices, and place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with turmeric and chili powder, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Pour 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and sesame oil into a nonstick skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak; stir-fry until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
Pour remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in skillet. Add ginger, garlic, and onion; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Stir in coconut milk; cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Stir in steak, cilantro, and red pepper; cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated.