- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 (7-ounce) can flaked coconut
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add water and 2 teaspoons vanilla, mixing well; add flour, stirring well. Stir in pecans.
Shape into 1/2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on cookie sheets.
Combine 4 cups sugar, milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
Dip cookies in glaze; roll in coconut.
Note: Coconut may be tinted, if desired.