THis ice cream is amazing. Definitely dinner-party worthy. I did add some 72% dark chocolate into the food processor and then some unsweetened toasted coconut into the ice cream maker. My husband, who is no stranger to good food, said that he thought this was the best ice cream he's ever had.
Coconut Avocado Ice Cream
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Freeze: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 2 ripe medium avocados (about 1 lb. total), chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk*, chilled
- 1. Pit avocados. Scoop flesh into a food processor, add sugar and lemon juice, and whirl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk and whirl to blend.
- 2. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze a metal bowl.
- 3. Scrape ice cream into cold bowl. Cover and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours.
- *For a delicate flavor, buy real coconut milk. For a bigger coconut hit, buy a product made with coconut extract.
- Make ahead: Freeze airtight up to 2 weeks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note