This filling acts as a glue to hold the layers together and works best when chilled, so don't skip that step.
This recipe goes with Coconut-Almond Cream Cake
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Total: 8 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups loosely packed sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Stir together cornstarch, almond extract, and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl.
- 2. Bring whipping cream, brown sugar, and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and immediately whisk in cornstarch mixture. Stir in coconut and sour cream. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts