i found these to be dry and not sweet enough. would not make again.
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Cost per Serving: $.30
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 2. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Rinse and dry beaters. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on medium-low speed, beat in one-third of flour mixture, then half of buttermilk. Repeat, ending with flour.
- 3. Fold in one-third of egg whites. Fold in remaining whites and chocolate chips.
- 4. Divide batter among muffin cups; bake until a toothpick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to rack to cool completely. Sift confectioners' sugar over cupcakes, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note