i found these to be dry and not sweet enough. would not make again.
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Cost per Serving: $.30
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 2. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Rinse and dry beaters. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on medium-low speed, beat in one-third of flour mixture, then half of buttermilk. Repeat, ending with flour.
- 3. Fold in one-third of egg whites. Fold in remaining whites and chocolate chips.
- 4. Divide batter among muffin cups; bake until a toothpick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to rack to cool completely. Sift confectioners' sugar over cupcakes, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This