Great points for originality! But the flavors of the molasses, cocoa and peaches were not the most winning combination ever.
Cocoa Bread With Stewed Yard Peaches
More like a chocolate gingerbread without the ginger, this incredibly light bread is perfect topped with stewed fresh or frozen peaches or apples.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Stewed Yard Peaches
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; let cool. Whisk in eggs.
- Sift together self-rising flour and next 3 ingredients; whisk into molasses mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with warm Stewed Yard Peaches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note