Great points for originality! But the flavors of the molasses, cocoa and peaches were not the most winning combination ever.
Cocoa Bread With Stewed Yard Peaches
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Stewed Yard Peaches
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; let cool. Whisk in eggs.
- Sift together self-rising flour and next 3 ingredients; whisk into molasses mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with warm Stewed Yard Peaches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This