I've been making these for years. They're always a big hit. I hope the previous reviewers aren't leaving out the coffee liqueur. It adds flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coffee liqueur*
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (6-ounce) can whole almonds (1 cup)
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well. Mix in liqueur.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 9- x 2-inch log on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake 5 to 7 additional minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- *1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate syrup may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cocoa-Almond Biscotti Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch