- 8 ounces (1 cup) Honeycrisp apple cider
- 6 whole allspice
- 2 (2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise pod
- 8 ounces spicy ginger beer
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) gin (such as Beefeater)
- 1/3 ounce (2 tsp.) apple cider vinegar
- Garnish: thin slices of Honeycrisp apple and cinnamon sticks
How to Make It
Combine apple cider, allspice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and star anise pod in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium. Simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer to a glass bowl or jar with a lid, and cool completely. Cover and chill 24 hours.
Pour cider mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into an ice-filled cocktail shaker; discard solids. Gently pour 4 oz. spicy ginger beer into each of 2 chilled, ice-filled copper mugs. Add gin and vinegar to cider mixture in cocktail shaker; shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain evenly into copper mugs; garnish each with thin slices of Honeycrisp apple and a cinnamon stick.