Cocktail Meatballs with Cranberry Marinara
Appetizer from Courier Journal, J. M. Hirsch, December 19, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) Cilantro Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) JalapeÃ±o slices Finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 pound(s) ground beef 93% percent lean
- 14 ounce(s) Can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 ounce(s) Tomatoes Diced
- hot pepper sauce Splash
- Heat the oven to 425 F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the eggs, cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, fennel, oregano, onion powder, red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the ground beef, then mix gently until completely blended. Divide the mixture into 50 balls, using about 2 tablespoons of the mixture per ball. Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Increase heat to broil and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cranberry sauce and diced tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the meatballs are done, arrange on a platter, then spoon the cranberry mixture over them. Serve with a toothpick.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PhyllisBergant and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note