Recipe courtesy of Chef and Author Ingrid Hoffmann
Yield: 4 to 6
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 cups Coca-Cola
- .25 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the rice and cook until it is opaque, about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the salt to the cola and stir until dissolved (the salt helps to release some of the carbonation) and then add it to the rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium- low, cooking until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir in the raisins and the almonds and reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coca-Cola Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes