I made this cake for the first time last week to rave reviews and just took another one out of the oven to share with friends tonight! It is truly one of the best cakes I've ever made and I've been cooking and baking for over forty years. I followed the recipe exactly and the only adjustment I had to make is the baking time. Both cakes needed to bake for 40 minutes and they were perfect! Very moist with a tender crumb. Yummy!
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Coca-Cola Frosting
- Garnish: 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
- Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Pour Coca-Cola Frosting over warm cake; garnish, if desired.
- Note: Don't make the frosting ahead--you need to pour it over the cake shortly after baking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note