Cobb Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Photo: John Kernick; Styling: Sara Quessenberry
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 632
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Sodium: 1684mg
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound rotisserie chicken
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings to a small bowl.
Add the oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the bacon drippings. Whisk and set aside.
Shred the chicken meat, using your fingers or a fork, discarding the skin and bones.
Combine the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and chicken in a large bowl.
Crumble the bacon over the salad and serve with the vinaigrette.
Substitution: This classic dish can be made with almost any kind of lettuce. If you like a crunchier salad, use romaine. If you prefer tender greens, try Boston or Bibb. For a hit of pepperiness, opt for arugula or add a few leaves of radicchio or endive to your standard mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This