A delicious unique twist on tacos, looks like very few other posters actually made as directed. I made my own chicken breasts, but other than that followed exactly http://www.dishoverdinner.com/2013/08/cobb-salad-tacos.html
Cobb Salad Tacos
Adding a tortilla transforms this American salad into a fun, portable meal. Choose a pungent blue cheese, like Roquefort, for a strong hit of flavor, or go with milder Gorgonzola for just a touch.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 503mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, chopped
- 1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 13 minutes. Drain; cool in ice water 5 minutes. Peel and dice eggs.
- 2. Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp (about 8 minutes). Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble bacon, and set aside. Add shallots and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add vinegar, oil, and mustard, stirring until combined. Add chicken to pan; toss to coat. Combine mayonnaise and buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; top tacos evenly with lettuce, tomato, and chopped avocado. Divide egg and bacon evenly among tacos, and drizzle evenly with dressing.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note