- 2 large eggs
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, chopped
- calories 365
- fat 19.7 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 9.8 g
- polyfat 3.1 g
- protein 25.7 g
- carbohydrate 24.2 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- cholesterol 154 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 503 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 13 minutes. Drain; cool in ice water 5 minutes. Peel and dice eggs.
Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp (about 8 minutes). Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble bacon, and set aside. Add shallots and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add vinegar, oil, and mustard, stirring until combined. Add chicken to pan; toss to coat. Combine mayonnaise and buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in cheese.
Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; top tacos evenly with lettuce, tomato, and chopped avocado. Divide egg and bacon evenly among tacos, and drizzle evenly with dressing.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.