- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup whole, pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
Add shrimp to boiling water; cook just until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Drain well, and immediately place shrimp in ice water bath. Drain again, and pat shrimp dry with clean kitchen towels.
Stir together sour cream, olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir in crumbled blue cheese.
Layer romaine, tomatoes, red cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, and avocado in a 4-quart trifle dish. Spoon dressing over top. Arrange cooked shrimp in the center; place eggs and olives around shrimp. Sprinkle with parsley.