I made one heck of a mess in my kitchen making this, but the results were worth it! Delicious!!!
Coastal Bend Redfish with Shrimp and Crab
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 cup Beurre Blanc
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) redfish or red snapper fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, cooked
- 8 small carrots, sliced and cooked
- 2 zucchini, sliced and cooked
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
- Garnish: fresh chopped cilantro
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; chop, and set aside.
- Whisk together Beurre Blanc and next 3 ingredients.
- Saute shallots and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add shrimp, and cook 1 minute or just until shrimp turn pink. Add diced tomato; saute 30 seconds. Stir in crabmeat and Beurre Blanc mixture; keep warm.
- Brush fillets with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a broiling rack in a roasting pan.
- Broil 4 inches from heat 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove to a serving platter. Arrange asparagus and next 3 ingredients around fillets; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with shrimp mixture; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes