Club-Style Lightened Hot Browns With Caramelized Onions
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Broil: 6 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1-oz.) rye, wheat, or white bread slices, toasted
- 1/4 pound sliced deli-roasted turkey breast
- 1/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- Parmesan Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cooked reduced-fat bacon slices, crumbled
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are caramel colored.
- 2. Arrange desired bread slices on an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; layer with turkey, roast beef, and ham. Top with Parmesan Cheese Sauce and onions; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned; remove from oven. Top with crumbled bacon and tomato slices; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches