We had these sidecars during the holidays and again shortly after. They are fun to make and easy to go down. Everyone we made it for was happy with it. For us, the original receipe was a little too sweet, so we cut the sugar by about 40%. That was perfect. I'm going to try Simple Syrup or Agave Sweetener the next time I make it - tonight! Great drink, great taste.
Photo: Jeffery Cross; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lemon, cut into chunks
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 2 whole cloves
- 1. Mix 2 tbsp. sugar and ground cloves on a small plate. Rub one lemon chunk around the rims of two cocktail glasses. Turn rims in the clove sugar.
- 2. Cut orange into two slices about 1/4 in. thick; cut slices in half. Put lemon chunks, orange slices, and 3 tbsp. sugar in a cocktail shaker. Using a wooden spoon, muddle together the fruit and sugar until fruit is broken up.
- 3. Add about 1 cup ice and whiskey to cocktail shaker. With lid securely fastened, shake vigorously to blend, then strain into the sugared glasses. Garnish each with a whole clove.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This