A Clockwork Orange
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
To eke out the most liquid, Brandi Kowalski of The Butcher's Daughter in New York City presses the smallest ingredients first (by volume), then works her way up to the largest.
Yield: about 2 cups
More From Food & Wine
- 1 piece (2-inch; about 1 ounce) fresh ginger
- 1 (small; about 4 ounces) golden beet, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 5 (medium; about 12 ounces) carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 (medium; about 1 pound) cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Cayenne pepper, for garnish
- In an electric juicer, juice the ginger, beet, carrots and cantaloupe. Sprinkle very lightly with cayenne and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note