This is my "go to" granola that I use as a base to which I add other healthy ingredients, like flax seed meal. Perfect to take in a baggie when traveling too.
Clementine's Fruit and Nut Granola
- 6 cups regular rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup dried sour cherries
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup slivered dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, mix oats, almonds, and cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, whisk together honey, oil, and vanilla. Stir honey mixture into oat mixture until well blended. Spread mixture in a lightly oiled 12- by 15-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake in a 350° regular or 325° convection oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. With a wide metal spatula, stir granola, scraping sides and bottom of pan. Reduce heat to 225° and continue to bake 1 hour, stirring several times. Let cool completely in pan, then scrape into an airtight container.
- 3. In a smaller airtight container, combine cherries, cranberries, and apricots.
- 4. Store fruit and granola at room temperature up to two weeks. Add dried fruit when serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch