This is my "go to" granola that I use as a base to which I add other healthy ingredients, like flax seed meal. Perfect to take in a baggie when traveling too.
Clementine's Fruit and Nut Granola
Yield: Makes about 10 cups
- 6 cups regular rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup dried sour cherries
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup slivered dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, mix oats, almonds, and cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, whisk together honey, oil, and vanilla. Stir honey mixture into oat mixture until well blended. Spread mixture in a lightly oiled 12- by 15-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake in a 350° regular or 325° convection oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. With a wide metal spatula, stir granola, scraping sides and bottom of pan. Reduce heat to 225° and continue to bake 1 hour, stirring several times. Let cool completely in pan, then scrape into an airtight container.
- 3. In a smaller airtight container, combine cherries, cranberries, and apricots.
- 4. Store fruit and granola at room temperature up to two weeks. Add dried fruit when serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note