One of the best cookie recipes I have ever made. This is a "standard" on my list of Christmas cookies. Every year someone asks me for the recipe.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating after each addition. Stir in coconut, cereal, vanilla, and, if desired, pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This