Clean Eggs Benedict
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) skim milk
- 3/4 cup(s) low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cup(s) portobello mushroom chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 10 egg whites
- 4 whole-grain English muffins split and toasted
- Place flour in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, add cheese, salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, stirring until melted.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add and saute spinach, mushrooms and remaining pepper until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet coated with cooking spray, scramble egg whites over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Top English muffin halves evenly with scrambled egg whites and spinach-mushroom mixture, then drizzle with cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note